A Unified Payment Interface (UPI) is a system that enables access to multiple bank accounts and services through a handheld devices. You can easily make bank to bank payments instantly and collect money using Mobile Number, Account Number or Virtual Payment Address (VPA).
UPI is providing following benefits :
- Go Cashless anywhere, any time
- Provides the “Receive Money” option
- Fund Transfer
- Balance Enquiry
- Bill Payments
Gayatri UPI is available almost all payment providing applications in playstore. Some of the applications listed below
Yes. You need to register on UPI and link your bank accounts before performing transactions.
Requirements for UPI Registration
- An android smartphone with internet services
- An operative bank account
- The mobile number being registered with UPI must be linked to the bank account.
- Active debit card relating to this account for creating UPI
- PIN for transactions.
Currently, there are no charges for transactions done through UPI.
The different methods available for transferring funds using UPI are:
- Transfer through Virtual ID
- Account Number and IFSC combination
- Mobile number
After successfully registering in UPI enabled application, click on the “Add Bank Account” link. Choose your Bank and type Gayatri in search box then select The Gayatri Cooperative Urban Bank Ltd from the list.
The reasons may be:
- Your account may have become Inactive/Dormant.
- The mobile number from which you are trying to log in may not be registered in your Account.
- You may not have a debit card linked to your bank account.
After successful addition of bank account and creation of virtual address, click on Set PIN for setting a PIN for transaction. This PIN would be required for authorizing transactions. An OTP would be delivered on the registered mobile number. You also need to enter the last 6 digits of your debit card and its expiry date. You can use Change PIN option to change the PIN required for transactions.
Yes, one can use more than one UPI application on the same phone and link accounts of any Bank registered with UPI.
Within a few minutes, the transaction amount would be refunded to your account. In case of any further issues, please log a complaint.
In case of change in UPI app version / Handset / SIM, you need to re-register with the same process of mobile number verification and the virtual address will remain the same.
The UPI app authenticates your identity through mobile number. Get your mobile number blocked through your service provider in case of theft or loss. In addition, PIN would be required both for logging into the application and authorizing transactions. So the possibility of security breach is minimized. The PIN is not to be shared with anyone.